Thursday, August 02, 2007

You'll never guess what I had down my throat today.

Me: I swalled a bug at Glencairn today.

Him: The subway station?

Me: Yes. It was a big one.

Him: What where you doing all the way out there?

Me: I walked out there to take the subway, obviously. But you're missing the point here: I swallowed a bug the size of a golfball. I felt it hit the back of my throat. He left quite an aftertaste.

Him: But Glencairn is way north! How many perfectly good subway stations did you walk past to get to it? You must have walked for hours!

Me: Gah - you see these two big meaty things hanging off my torso? They're legs. They're made for walking. So I walked.

Him: Gah yourself - you know those little brassy coins in your purse? They're subway tokens. Guess what those are for?

Me: Oh, I quit.

No comments: