Sunday, January 22, 2012

For a long time, blogging was very fullfulling for me.
I started to see life in terms of how I would post it: something interesting (or banal but potentially still worthy) would happen, and my brain would ZING with words, excited to put it down and hit publish.
And then I fell away from it.
But you don't stop being filled with something that needs to come out.
I still have a lot that wants to come out and meet the world.
These days, I'm making connections with brides instead of bloggers.
I make wedding invitations.
I make really beautiful, glamourous, high-end, unique wedding invitations.
I make a small contributions to people's love and happiness.
I make something meaningful.
Sure it's business, but to me it's so much more.
I'm not trying to make a lot of money, I'm just enjoying being a working artist with a little studio and lots of lovely ideas.
Everytime I put a little sparkle into someone's day, a little bling, a little glamour, a little luxury - there's just something satisfying in that.
Taylor Made is a work of love - not just invitations, but wedding stationery: the thank you cards, the ceremony programs, the favour tags, the wine bottle labels...I love the layers. I love the love.

9 comments:

Mark said...

Glad you have found something else that's rewarding and allows you to express your creativity. I hope, too, that your total submersion into that resulted at least partially from happiness and success in your own married life (didn't we last hear that you were on a honeymoon?).

Julia said...

still miss you here :)

kenju said...

That is fabulous!! I hope that being in the wedding business is as rewarding and fulfilling for you as it was for me. I really enjoyed working with brides and their mothers!

I miss your blog posts too, and hope that you are having a terrific life. Wish you'd come back to blogging!

Travis Cody said...

Good for you!

Lorna said...

I was SO delighted to see a post on Kill the Goat! That was a long dry spell.

Your TaylorMade collection is absolutely gorgeous. I might be influenced to have a renewal of vows just so I can choose one of the suites.

Martini said...

You gotta do what you gotta do! I'm glad it makes you happy. Hopefully you'll find time to write amazing stories on your blog again.

Scott said...

Wow, very cute site! I'll be sure to get in touch if I get married again :P

Vest said...

I never gave up on you, although I thought you were lost forever, my calls to you becoming fewer but never a thought of giving up.
So pleased to know you are doing something useful with your life and enjoying it too.Vest XXX.

Vest said...

I never gave up on you, although I thought you were lost forever, my calls to you becoming fewer but never a thought of giving up.
So pleased to know you are doing something useful with your life and enjoying it too.Vest XXX.