Friday, January 06, 2006

Morning Erection

I wake up in the morning, and it's already there, waiting for me. It doesn't bother being subtle; it's like the proverbial pink elephant, except this pink elephant is doing a sexy belly dance while licking its lips suggestively at me. In other words, there's no ignoring it.

I think it prudent to get up and do a few stretches first. I practically have to step over it in order to leave the room, and it's not easy. It seems bigger in the morning light, bigger than it did last night, but maybe that's because this morning I am tired and instead of thinking of it as a fun challenge, it's beginning to feel like my Everest. I look around for my Tenzing Norgay, but there's no one here but Jason and I.

There's no use putting it off, so I grab hold, and dive right in.

There's nothing like screwing in the morning, I always say. And so we do. There's just something irresistible about starting off the day trying to fit one part into another, and then enjoying the thrill of success when they join.

There's a reason why they call it a labour of love. Jason and I work together in such a way that in no longer feels like work. We sync up. We break out in identical sweats. He is the hammer, and I hold still.

And in the end, we've made something very special; we've made a bookcase. And we didn't even need the instructions.

No comments: