Saturday, November 06, 2004

Why I Need Women (They Are Practical All The Time)

(Another post by my husband:)

Well, that really shouldn't be plural, but this is in response to Jamie's blog from earlier today.

Aside from smelling nice, they have a multitude of fantastic uses. They are better from head to toes, especially in the boob area. I can make a pretty good list as to why I need a good woman in my life.

First off they are motivating, I've done close to a million things I never would have done before without one. From jumping in a freezing pool with my clothes on to running all over Ottawa on foot at midnight looking for a store that sells little fancy cheeses. It's hard to believe that any sane person would do these things without thinking twice about it. But that's exactly the trick that women use, the insanity trick. It's subtle, but if you look around you can see lots of men doing strange things for no apparent reason, but if you look closely you'll see a woman nearby. You'll see men holding purses, and going to a department store to buy pantyhose. These are things no reasonable man would do without the gentle persuasion of a female.

By gentle persuasion I mean the look. The "puh-lese" look, it'll convince any man and he'll be happy to do it. It's the best look any person can get though, makes you feel warm all over, and you'll do anything just to get another one. I have to admit I'm a sucker for that look to which Jamie will attest. It can sometimes be used on command, but it usually just pops out, and once it does there is no turning back, I'm hooked and I'm on my way to doing something I didn't think I'd be doing a moment before. It's great having good woman to love you, and it's great to love back. At the end of the day that's all that's important. And while they don't hatch chickens (see Jamie's earlier post) they are wonderful nonetheless.


Jamie says:
I hope that women are more than just practical, because otherwise, you've completely missed the point :) And also, while the part about The Look is right on the money, you forgot to mention a lot of other not-so-subtle manipulations, such as statements like "Jaayyyysssooooonnnn, I'm thirrrrrsssttyyyyy" and without even asking for a thing, a glass of Diet Pepsi is handed to me, ice cubes clinking and the straw bent just the way I like it.


Jason responds:
Jamie is horribly cute and always thirsty.But still cute.

At 1:14 AM, Groove Salad said...

I need a boy like this! Wherever did you find him?!

No comments: