Thursday, August 25, 2005

Peroxide Dependent

Blame the blonde, or the pills, or Jason, but my mind has really been jumpy lately:

Why do Americans always say they're "having BBQ"? That's pretty much the dumbest thing I have ever heard. If you are having steak on the BBQ, then you are having steak. That goes for whatever else you might be having: shrimp, chicken, salmon, kebabs, etc. Barbecues are merely appliances. We don't have "stove" for supper, or "oven" or "crockpot."


Logic, in my opinion, is taking the easy way out. Notice how the "logical" answer is always the easiest. Logic is clearly for the unimaginative.


It has come to my attention recently that my Friday Fuckfests follow a pattern. Oh my. Looking over them, I see that this is true: tall, dark, handsome. Basically Jason, only with more money. This makes me sadly predictable, and shallow, and superficial. Actually, I'm okay with the superficial part, because that gives me the freedom to also add fat wallets, summer villas in Tuscany and a working knowledge of fine wines on my list of Qualities I'd Like In My Second Husband.

Also, I just remembered what is currently most offending me: The Wishbook is here! What the fuck.

WHAT THE FUCK!

The wishbook...as in, the Sears Christmas Catalogue, has landed on our doorstep. This is August, people!!!!! It's not even 'back to school' yet, and the Christmas catalogue is here? Personally,I threw mine right in the trash. Well, right after I checked it out for all the presents I can't wait to get. And made my list. And checked it twice. A coin purse shaped like a watermelon! Superman undies! A pink parka! New jammies! Oh, who am I kidding? I want presents! Gimme gimme gimme.

No comments: