Friday, May 01, 2009

Outdoor fucking starts today.

Day 6...

We heard a noise.
It was kind of an ordinary noise, a dull bang. A thud.
We didn't know that anything was out of the ordinary until we saw the body on the ground.
Ambulances raced to the scene, but they sure took their time leaving.
So we knew.
We knew before we saw the lumpy body bag that he was gone.
Another jumper, the second in two months.
The second in two months.

That's what I saw tonight.
...


We had a puff or two out on my balcony, but I munched on rice cakes instead of reese's pieces. It didn't make the weirdness go away, that spot in my belly that still hasn't come to terms with the sudden loss of a friend or the body lying broken 4 floors below.

It was a strange sort of day. I drove in the rain. My dog pooped in the middle of the street. I feel off.

Today is the first of May.
Horray, horray.

No comments: