Monday, March 19, 2007

It's Only Hair

Women can be so attached to their hair.
Me, not so much.
My hair has been every colour, every length, every style.
The only thing I hadn't done was shave my head, and Jason was all too eager to pick up the clippers (first he cut off my ponytail, then he used his beard trimmer all over my head).

A shaved head is not always a symptom of a mental breakdown.
Sometimes it's just a whim.

Jude commented recently that she'd seen proof that I hadn't actually shaved my head, but the funny thing about hair is - it grows back!
In fact, it has been a little over a year now, and I've already had 2 haircuts. But if you still want further photographic proof, here it is:



January 2006: goodbye sweet hair.



February: You would not believe how many people rubbed my head at this stage. It was so soft! But eerily, it was brown! I hadn't seen my natural hair colour since I was 14 (Jason had never seen it...well, at least not on my head). Soon after, I dyed it bright pink, and that made me feel a bit better.


April: this is what I called my "mini mo" stage. I rocked a baby mohawk for a while and I loved this. I have a very small face so I always love a short haircut. In the 4 months since shaving my head, I still hadn't emptied a single shampoo bottle! Oh, the money you save.

August: to be fair to the hair, this was on our camping trip, so I wasn't looking my best. But it was finally just long enough to be worth brushing.



October: Awkward growing out phase, where there is no real style , so I resort to pigtails to keep my hair out of my eyes while running and such.



December: Jeebus this is a bad picture, but it's the best one out of the whole bunch...man were we drunk. For Christmas I usually go a deep red or orange, but this year I went blue. It's quite long at this point, down to the shoulders, but hard to tell since I curled it.


March: it's back, and it's better than ever, baby.

Yeah, I did that.

No comments: